To the two students who asked me qn about pattern databases extra credit portion

This is for the two students  who had a question about doing the pattern database part of the extra credit portion.

You might want to look at the second page of the short  paper at the following URL to get some additional information on
how to implement the PDB heuristic

http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/korf-search.pdf

Come and talk to me if you have additional questions

(By the way, when you asked me at the end of today's class, I was thinking of planning and was talking about Pattern Database
heuristics for planning. The pattern database heuristic for the 8-puzzle shoudl be quite easy to implement--I may have made it sound
harder than it really is)

rao

--
Subbarao Kambhampati