re: project 3

The conenction between project 1 and project 3 is just A* search
code. In Proj 1, you enhanced the A* search code (so it will print
search stats, path information etc), and added a child-generation
function for 8-puzzle problem.

In this project, you take the enhanced A* search code, and add a
child-generation function for doing regression search. Specifically
the "state" here will be a list of literals. You will generate the
children states by first getting the ground operators for the problem
(using the accessor function I supplied), and then regressing the
state over each of the ground operators (some of the results of the
regression may be nil, signifying that there is no child corresponding
to that move).

Hope this helps

Rao
[Nov 02, 2001]