Brin/Page interview on the (in)effectiveness of Google

Check out

http://www.resourceshelf.com/archives/2003_07_01_resourceshelf_archive.html#105743116555294958

As I was telling someone after the class, the surprising thing about search engines is _not_ that they give useless results
sometimes, but that they ever give useful results--given the crude representation we have documents
(I mean, try to read Saul Bellow or your Mom's mail by first doing text operations--stemming, stop word elimination etc--and
thinking of the document as a vector!). It shows how gullible and forgiving we are about the kind of help we get..

Rao