More on stress levels etc..

The feedback about the "stress factor" (answer to the last question in the survey)  probably deserves a more serious response than the
one I gave..

In general, I find it much more appealing to make the course
challenging, my expectations high, and *then* make the letter grade
assignment relatively forgiving, than making the course easy, my
expectations low, and nitpick between 93.5 and 94.7.   Part of
the
rationale is my conviction that the content of a  course should not
depend
on where the course is being taught, although the letter grade a student
gets in a course is of course relative to the others taking that course
in
that place.

Here are links to final grade cutoffs/distributions from a previous time this course was
offered, to give you an idea..

http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/f00-marks1.html

Rao

ps: Here is the CNN story about the malfunctioning elevator..

http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:2EVWZSo0uc8J:www.cnn.com/2003/US/Southwest/08/18/doctor.decapitated.ap/+cnn+elevator+houston&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

(once you take 471, all your needs, including those for weekly news and world report, are taken care freely by the house ;-)