Re: final exam question

At 02:26 PM 5/9/2001 -0700, you wrote:
Hi,
I have a question about the dataintegration-1 slides in regards to the exam. Slide 41 says that Sound implies that "the query should be contained in the plan", i.e., tuples satisfying the query are a subset of the tuples satisfying the plan,
and slide 43 says that Q1 is a sound plan if the plan is contained in query Q...
Are these two the same thing... it seems that they are saying opposite.

Sorry for the confusion.. clearly I screwed up in slide 41

Sound implies that the Plan is contained in the query

Complete implies the query is contained in the plan.

Rao