Job opportunities at the University of Southern California Information Sciences Institute

The University of Southern California?s Information Sciences Institute (www.isi.edu) has multiple openings in our Distributed Scalable Systems Division (http://www.isi.edu/division2.html).  These represent opportunities to engage in full time research on topics including (but not limited to):

*       advanced planning and scheduling

*       human-machine interfaces and computer-supported collaborative work
*       intelligent decision support
*       distributed and data-intensive computing

A description focusing upon our two flagship projects is attached.
<<Advertisements, Jan 2005.doc>>
As you may know, USC ISI is part of the Viterbi School of Engineering (
http://viterbi.usc.edu/), whose Graduate Engineering Program is ranked #6 by US News and World Report ( #3 among private schools).  USC ISI has roughly 100 research contracts going at any given time, with over a dozen different funding sources.  We have over a dozen researchers in the 98.5 or higher percentile of most frequently cited Computer Science authors, according to CiteSeer.  More than 30 of our  researchers have joint appointments as research faculty in one of USC's academic departments, allowing our large body of full-time personnel to be complemented by graduate students.  We pride ourselves as a crossroads where large research projects, systems/services efforts, and educational concerns come together and enrich each other.  We're located in temperate Marina del Rey, CA (http://www.visitthemarina.com/), where winters run 65F and summers peak at 77F.

We're looking at all levels: senior people, new Ph.D.s, M.S. level programmers, and summer interns.  So, please feel free to pass this along to appropriate colleagues.

To apply for openings in USC ISI?s Distributed Scalable Systems Division:
Project Leaders
: Requires Ph.D. in CS and five years experience, managerial leadership ability,  collaborative research skills, must be effective technical writer.  Visit
http://www.usc.edu/bus-affairs/ers/jobs/19176.html

Sr. Computer Scientists: Requires Ph.D. and three years post-Ph.D. experience, expertise in programming, collaboration with other researchers, must be effective technical writer.  Visit http://www.usc.edu/bus-affairs/ers/jobs/19180.html

Computer Scientists: Requires either a Ph.D. or a MS plus minimum of three years experience, expertise in Java, collaboration with other researchers, must be effective technical writer.  Visit http://www.usc.edu/bus-affairs/ers/jobs/19178.html

Postdoctoral Research Associates: Requires CS Ph.D, expertise in Java, collaborative research skills, must be effective technical writer.  Visit http://www.usc.edu/bus-affairs/ers/jobs/19177.html

Programmer Analyst IV: Requires BS and five years experience, expertise in Java, software and documentation skills, must be effective in team programming efforts.  Visit http://www.usc.edu/bus-affairs/ers/jobs/19179.html

Summer Interns: Graduate students interested in summer intern positions should send a resume and statement of interests to RNeches@isi.edu

Dr. Robert Neches
Director, Distributed Scalable Systems Division
USC  Information Sciences Institute
Viterbi School of Engineering
USC ISI, 4676 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
RNeches@isi.edu, work 310-448-8481, mobile 310-722-8818