*VERY* Important: Mandatory reading/review/discussion for next class 10/14

Folks:

A large part of next Tuesday's class will be devoted to a discussion of the paper

http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/cse494/google-paper.pdf

(this is the top one in the "overall search engine" category).

You should all

(1) read it and

(2) bring to the class a an at-most one page review to the class with questions and/or observations about
the paper given all that you know about how search engines could work).
Focus on what are aspects of the architecture that surprised you
and/or different from what we discussed in the class.

(3) Post your comments also onto the blog (as comments on this post)---Preferably before the class.
  This will also serve as a good review of a lot of what we have done in the last several weeks.

The class itself will consist of

1. A short first part where I will complete the discussion of Trust Rank and Efficient computation of Pagerank

and

2. Us discussing the questions you bring up.

This is a mandatory class and your participation is mandatory..

cheers
Rao