RE: References from today's class

Their description of AIR ranking seems suspiciously like the Authorities/Hubs (or alternately, topic-specific pagerank) idea.

"AIR? technology considers a site to be valuable if 1) it receives links from valuable sites within a similar topic of interest and 2) if it provides links to other valuable sites within a similar topic of interest (while minimizing links to off-topic sites). General purpose search engine technologies such as Google's PageRank? estimate the popularity of a given web page by looking only at links into the page and do so without any understanding of context."

We will talk about A/H as well as page rank and topic specific pagerank in a couple of weeks. Remind me about this at that time

Rao