Re: Homework 3 Query

At 03:47 PM 10/29/2004, you wrote:

Hello Dr. Rao,
I needed a clarification regarding the domain description given for homework
3. As such its not explicitly specified in the domain description as to
whether it is possible to load a plane/truck with mulitple objects i.e. even
if package 1 is loaded in truck 1 we can load package 2 also in truck 2. I
have looked as the standard logistics domain used in competition in which they
allow a vehicle to contain multiple packages at a time. So here also should we
assume the same?

Thanks.
Hemal

Yes--concurrent loading is possible. This is not a question of "interpretation". You need to figure this out by
just looking at the description of load action.

  (:durative-action load
    :parameters (?x - packet ?y - vehicle ?z - location)
    :duration (= ?duration (loading-time))
    :condition (and
        (at start
(at ?x ?z))
        (over all
(at ?y ?z)))
    :effect (and
        (at start
(not (at ?x ?z)))
        (at end
(in ?x ?y)))
  )

You notice that (load P1 V L) and (load P2 V L) are not interfering.

rao