legalities of hw4 extension...

At 06:26 PM 11/28/2001 -0700, YYY wrote:
>Professor Rao:
>
>     I just wrote you about the "retroactiveness" of the extension
> qualifications.  After thinking about it, I would rather use the
> remainder of the evening tonight to thoroughly error check a project for
> my Compilers class that I have basically done and is due for tomorrow.  I
> would really appreciate the relaxing of the HAL requirement for late
> submission.  That requirement doesn't seem fair to those of us who feel
> that they have a good enough grade in the class to not do the extra
> credit, and then find out later that the "extra credit" is going to be a
> filtering mechanism for late submission.  Everyone should be given the
> same opportunity to accept the terms for late submission.  This
> qualification wouldn't have been an issue if the event it was based on
> hadn't already passed.

I am not too sure what the specific complaint is.. if it is that you can't
make yesterday happen again, and so are at a loss to see how to watch the
program that has gone off into thin air, then I have recorded the program
and can place it in media library sometime on friday, so it can be viewed
at your leisure (although be advised that there may be  seinfeld/westwing
and/or fawlty towers stuff on the same cassette--I didn't know I will be
lending the cassette).

If the complaint is that one shouldn't be made to watch no tv program (or
come to a class, for that matter ;-), okay--in that case you can
still  submit on Tuesday with a 10% penalty.

rao "am I in the engineering or the law college" kambhampati