"Thanks" Giving..

As y'all probably figured out, there will not be any class on Thursday
on account of thanksgiving.

I understand that thanksgiving is for the white guys to thank
Indians. But then, I have never been a stickler for tradition, and
decided to take (co-opt) the opportunity to "give" my thanks too.

Thanks for putting up with me and the course...

And a particularly special "thank you" to those handful of people who
attended each and every regular lecture and remained alert in all the
classes.

Given the apparent prevalence of "classes are for filling time when
there are no other project deadlines" philosophy around these parts,
and given the fact that grades don't necessarily reflect or credit this
participation, I am very grateful to be able to count on a set of
constant and alert faces to provide continuity and--darned if I am not
going to complete this sentence however many lines it takes me--help
keep-up my spirits and enthusiasm.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Rao
[Nov 20, 2001]

Subbarao Kambhampati
Professor, Dept. of Comp Sci. and Engg. Arizona State University,
Tempe, AZ 85287-5406  rao@asu.edu (email)
480-965-0113 (Phone)
480-965-2751 (FAX)
WWW: http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu

"We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we
stop playing"     -Oliver Wendel Holmes