No laptops or advanced calculators at exam (change to the previous mail)

Folks:

I am getting complaints that allowing laptops may bring up fairness issues w.r.t those who don't have laptops.

Rather than argue this out, I would say let us go back to the normal exam policy--only hard copy material. No laptops or advanced calculators.

(The best bet may be to put everything in your brains.
Like I said in the class, if you are banking on finding the answer from the notes during the exam, you are likely to get into trouble anyway.)

regards Rao "Kerry" Kambhampati