RE: precision/recall

At 09:36 PM 1/27/2004, you wrote:

So further using your example...

So if I wanted to build a model from the example below I have three points
where the recall is 2/7 and two points where the recall is 1/7; however, the
precision varies.  So if I was to graph it would I plot the precision at 1,
1/2, or 3/4 (the average) when the recall is 2/7?  I'm sorry, maybe I'm not
completely understanding you.  Thanks.

you have basically three (r,p) points--(1,1/7); (1/2,1/7); (2/3,2/7) (as per the discussion below)--
each ith point corresponding to the r/p values for top i results seen. You plot these points and draw a curve through them
you get precision/recall curve

if you look at first document alone

 precision is 1 and recall is 1/7

after D1,D2