Book prizes..

This mail is primarily meant for the student who correctly guessed that he/she is one of the students crossing 70 (he/she knows who she/he is).

It is being cc'd to the class list just so to set the record straight and stop any possible speculations of reneging on my part (most of which I probably
mooted myself ;-).

Dear >70:

Please feel free to send me amazon link to any one general science book that you would like to get. Some non-binding suggestions, that I had enjoyed reading, include:

http://www.amazon.com/Language-Instinct-Steven-Pinker/dp/0060976519 (The Language Instinct by Steven Pinker)

http://www.amazon.com/Guns-Germs-Steel-Fates-Societies/dp/0393317552 (Guns, Germs & Steel by Jared Diamond)

http://www.amazon.com/Genome-Autobiography-Species-Chapters-P-S/dp/0060894083 (Genome by Matt Riddley)

http://www.amazon.com/American-Prometheus-Triumph-Tragedy-Oppenheimer/dp/0375726268 ( American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer by Kai Bird and Martin Sherwin)

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Knew-Infinity-Ramanujan/dp/0671750615   (
The Man Who Knew Infinity: A Life of the Genius Ramanujan by Robert Kanigel)

cheers
Rao