Qns for today's class

Qns for Today's class

Here are some questions you should think about before today;s class

1. We saw that propositional logic is monotonic and that real world requried "defeasible" or "non-monotonic" reasoning. Is probabilistic reasoning
    monotonic or non-monotonic? Explain.

2. What is the difference between "Probability" and "Statistics"?

3. We made a big point about the need for representing joint distribution compactly. Much of elementary probability/statistics handles
    continuous and multi-valued variables, where specifying the distribution of the single variable itself will need a huge number of numbers.
    How is this normally side-stepped in elementary probability?

Also, make sure to read/review chapter 13 which reviews elementary probability.

Rao