Fwd: [cse471] Project 1 and Commonlisp interpreters

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Subbarao Kambhampati <rao@asu.edu>
Date: Aug 23, 2006 9:39 AM
Subject: [cse471] Project 1 and Commonlisp interpreters
To: cse471-f06@parichaalak.eas.asu.edu

Hi all:

In case you didn't notice, Assignment 0--a lisp refresher--has been
"assigned" and is due 9/5 in class. This assignment is meant more for
getting you to refresh your lisp skills (and will only have a nominal weight).

Franz Allegro Commonlisp (version 6.0) should be available on your department
course accounts.

Additionally, if you want to do development on your own machines laptops, you
can download a limited version of allegro commonlisp at

http://franz.com/downloads/

(they also allow you to buy a full version for 99$)

Alternatively, you can use GNU CLisp available at
http://clisp.cons.org/
(I haven't used Clisp, but Lei Tang, the TA, says it is quite good)

Please note that with heap-limited free versions, you will not be able
to run most search problems starting project 1..

Rao
[Aug 23, 2006]