The slide on "Order of quantifiers matters" changed...

Folks:
The example I used to make the point that the order of quantifiers matters is sort of confusing.
I changed that slide now and show from first principles how just shifting the quantifier order
(ie. forall x therexists y changes to there exists y forall x ) changes meaning.

Rao

ps: Here is a small trick question--do you think quantifiers can be distributed over all connectives?
In particular, check which of these are valid:

forall x P(x) & Q(x) == forall x P(x) & forall x Q(x)

forall x P(x) V Q(x) == forall x P(x) V forall x Q(x)

exists x P(x) V Q(x) == exists x P(x) V exists x Q(x)

exists x P(x) & Q(x) == exists x P(x) & exists x Q(x)

[Hint: each quantifier can be distributed only one one of the two conjunctives without changing the meaning]