***Important***: Some errors in the Project 3 recitation slides..

Folks

There were two errors in the project 3 recitation slides that the TA used, which seem to be confusing several people.
[The TA did ask me to look at her slides before she gave the recitation, and so the fact that the errors were not
detected is my fault.]

Anyways, here are the two errors:

1. Goal test function

The slides say that you should check to make sure that goal test function should test for _equality_

The correct definition--as we discussed in the class as well as in the text book--is that you want to check that
all the elements of the current regressed state are _in_ (i.e., members of) the init state.

As an example, suppose your goal is to get apples and bananas. In the init state you have apples, bananas, persimmons and
asian pears. You can see, using your commonsense, that you already achieved the goal (there is nothing wrong in having
more fruit than you needed--fruit is good for you ;-). If you check equality, you will say you are not done yet..

2. Set-difference heuristic

The set difference heuristic should take the set difference between the current regressed state and the init state.

If the size of this set is zero, clearly, you have the plan. Otherwise you need to continue.

Continuing the fruit example, suppose, your current (regressed) state is "Apples and Mangoes", and the init state is still
"apples, bananas, persimmons and asian pears", then, we see the set difference between the former and the latter is
{Mangoes}--which is the only (sub)goal that is missing from the init state--so we can't terminate. The set-diff heuristic
value here is 1 (corresponding to mangoes).

That is all.

Hope you have a fruitful project 3
Rao

ps: in the second example above, if you regress the state "Apples and Mangoes" over the action "Buy mangoes" then
presumably you will have the state "Apples" which does hold in the init state and so we can terminate.