[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Forgot to tell you about the Turing award for PAC...
- To: Rao Kambhampati <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Forgot to tell you about the Turing award for PAC...
- From: Subbarao Kambhampati <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 18:04:49 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:from:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=y0mjf4PpS3BeQnwxFh2DqEL5jAEbp+hYFG3mrYWKqWA=; b=TIBExHUdOkXhi27Og5+NFMi0lXStbiY5jSKZAcADq2D/HfzytJ8yzGf+ZMuvvRkpEG DRJIOfJX2I96w0HxKGhLmi3b5kZHEKM98kqZ33Od+DEqPmdQRjbj6LN8DhRRIxHODRB0 kRqDhk47amDPfizzKxNH3XWi6tz5AySdASGwxDocqJ3BNwx3Xjs/PMQgDX876C6T4USd j1j8DFi2Su7iTpJtHiTjGE5Es0hyeli2KIpadztUH0t+tQoqfL4PNWDCmwRrxWpEIUXR hw32zlFWIhTrIo1KH6yXK9oD2ljDOTY2lPyZgcdC91YTY0z2N5rSf0I1FbiQgNmpjCaG gOIg==
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
In my haste to complete the class on time, I forgot to mention that the Turing award for last year
went to Leslie Valiant for inventing the notion of PAC (probably approximately correct) as part of his work
on the theory of the learnable.
(I hope you still remember that the Turing award for this year went to Judea Pearl for his work on
ps: I misspoke a bit when talking about "sample complexity"--it is the least number of examples needed to learn the
concept by any algorithm (not the "most"). You saw that the inequality on the slide was N >=