Another way to view the approximation of R(d|Q,U,{d1...dk}) in the traditional IR

Here is a slightly alternative view to interpret how we get the traditional IR model from the "true" relevance model.

We agreed that Relevance R is a function of D, Q, U and the already shown docs {d1...dk}

The next question is how do we represent (or ignore representing) the various components:

document D:
 --Can be represented in terms of "meaning" (too hard ;-)
 --Can be represented in terms of just the words it has