No Sampling: A reminder about the expectations on attending markoviana

Dear all:

Today, we had people walking out while the reading group was in progress. Since there was more than
one person involved, I thought I should remind everyone about the gentlemens agreement you made (or I extracted from you)
when you decided to join:

1. You are expected to attend all sessions or drop out completely (modulo reasonable life-threatening emergencies). This is not
a seminar series--I do not want occasional drop-ins.

2. You are expected to avoid walking out during the meeting (on rare occasions
if you have to leave, make sure that you tell the speaker before hand). In addition to being
rude, this disturbs everyone and interrupts the flow.

If these are too stringent for your taste, I encourage you to drop out entirely.

regards
Rao
Professor, Dept of CSE, ASU
http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/rao.html