Cumulatives (without extra credit)

Here is what I have as the cumulative totals (without the extra credit stuff). The first column is a straight sum of the exams, projects and homework--project 2 was graded for 20% and exam 2 was for 20%. Thus the first column is out of 90%

The second column--titled modified total--takes the participation credit into account. Originally, I had said that participation credit will be worth 10%.  Given that there was no objective measure of participation other than attendance, I thought of the following change--make participation credit to be 5% and add the remaining 5% to the exams. For the 5% participation credit, I just used a simple  0.5 penalty per each missed class--which makes the participation credit zero if you missed more than 10 classes. The total out of 100 computed this way is shown in the second column.  Anyone having serious objections to this methodology, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I still have to go through the homework 2 and fix the extra credit portion.

Rao

IDCurrent Totalmodified total
CSE49490.00100.00
600-44-410187.1096.79