*Important*: Format for Monday's class

On Monday, the class will be run in an interactive format (remember,
there is participation credit for the class, and it depends on your
attendance and participation in the classes; monday is your last
chance to grab more points ;-)

The agenda on Monday will consist of:

1. 1:40-2:00: A discussion on the Niagara architecture. I expect
   everyone to have read the first 11 pages (at least) of the Niagara
   paper. You may be asked to make comments on what you read.

2. 2:00-2:45: An interactive summarization of the class. Rather than
   me show up the list of topics we covered, I thought up a more
   interesting approach for summarizing the class in *your* collective
    words. Here is how it will go:

    *Everyone* in the class will be called on to list one
    topic/technique/issue that they felt they learned from the
    course. Generic answers like "I learned about search engines" are
    discouraged in favor of specific answers (such as "I thought the
    connection between the dominant eigen values and the way a/h
    computation works was quite swell").  It is okay to list
    topics/issues that you got interested in even if those were just a
    bit beyond what we actually covered.

    Note that there is an expectation that when your turn comes you
    will mention something that has not been mentioned by folks who
    spoke ahead of you. Since I get to decide the order in which to
    call on you, it is best if you jot down upto 5 things you thought
    you learned so the chance that you will say something different is
    higher.

   I think this is going to be fun.

3. 2:45-2:55: I leave and you do CEAS teaching evaluations

Rao
[Apr 26, 2001]