Homework 1 is open...

Where possible, I plan to put homework questions incrementally right
after the relevant class(es), so you can try out the questions while
the discussion is fresh in your mind. To avoid too many submission
deadlines, we will keep adding questions to a homework until I think
there are enough in there to make a full assignment. At that point,
the homework will be *closed*.

ONCE THE HOMEWORK IS CLOSED, IT WILL BE DUE IN ABOUT A WEEK. THIS
MEANS THAT IT IS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO WORK ON THE QUESTIONS AS
THEY ARE ADDED.

I have now "opened" the first homework, and added the first question
to it. The question is a simple one to try out the vector space
ranking stuff.

Go to the homepage, click on the homeworks link and proceed from
there.

Have fun..

Rao
[Jan 24, 2001]