Refreshing your background in linear algebra (vectors and matrices)

We will be using a bit of linear algebra--vectors, matrices, eigen
values of matrices and singular value decomposition of matrices during
our discussion of information retrieval algorithms. I put up a set of
short background refresher readings on linear algebra in the
background section of the lecture notes on the home page
(http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/cse494 ). Please make sure to read them
so you can better appreciate the algorithms.

Rao
[Jan 22, 2001]
Subbarao Kambhampati
Professor, Dept. of Comp Sci. and Engg. Arizona State University,
Tempe, AZ 85287-5406  rao@asu.edu (email)
480-965-0113 (Phone)
480-965-2751 (FAX)
WWW: http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu