Job Opportunities in SRI AI Center

Dr. Kambhampati,

Can you please post the following to your email planning list?

Please let me know if this is acceptable. -Daniel

Job opportunities at the A.I. Center, SRI International in Menlo Park,
CA

The Information and Computing Sciences Division (www.sri.com/icsd/ ) at
SRI International has multiple openings in our Artificial Intelligence
Center (www.ai.sri.com). These represent opportunities to engage in full
time research on topics including (but not limited to):

*planning and problem solving;
*computer vision, image processing, and computer graphics;
*natural-language processing;
*AI engineering tools and languages;
*distributed systems;
*expert and knowledge-based systems;
*discourse and communication;
*multisource information integration;
*automatic theorem proving and program synthesis; and
*autonomous robots.

SRI International's Artificial Intelligence Center (AIC) is one of the
world's major centers of research in artificial intelligence. Founded in
1966, the AIC has been a pioneer and a major contributor to the
development of computer capabilities for intelligent behavior in complex
situations. Its objectives are to understand the computational
principles underlying intelligence in man and machines and to develop
methods for building computer-based systems to solve problems, to
communicate with people, and to perceive and interact with the physical
world.
We're looking at all levels: senior people, new Ph.D.s, M.S. level
programmers, and summer interns.  So, please feel free to pass this
along to appropriate colleagues.

Current needs are:
Computer Scientist, planning/scheduling
Extensive Experience developing new theoretical approaches and practical
algorithms for agent systems. Expertise in one or more of the following
areas: mixed-initiative problem-solving, planning/scheduling, symbolic
control, learning, uncertainty.
Ph.D. in Computer Science with specialization in A.I.

Additional positions can be found at:
http://sri.hrdpt.com/cgi-bin/c/jobsearch.cgi?geog=17400&keywords=artificial+intelligence&submit=Search+Jobs%21

Interested parties should send their resume via email to:
Daniel Swartz <swartz@ai.sri.com>