Yochan Information Integration Group
We are broadly interested in developing flexible frameworks for
data and information integration. Our projects include
We are part of
ET-I3 a university-wide initiative on Intelligent Information
- Professor Subbarao
- Zaiqing Nie is working on BibFinder, a meta-search
engine for bibliographic entries, that uses automatically
gathered coverage and overlap statistics. Earlier, he had done work on
multi-objective query optimization for data integration scenarios.
working on supporting imprecise queries in information aggregation
- Thomas Hernandez is working on integrating
bio-informatics data sources, and on statistics-oriented approaches for
meta-search on text databases.
- Jianchun Fan is working on flexible approaches for
- Eric Lambrecht developed the Emerac data integration
system, that uses a novel framework for supporting recursive
information gathering queries.
- Sreelakshmi Vaddi worked on adaptive execution
techniques for data integration scenarios.
A frequency-based approach for mining coverage statistics in Data
Zaiqing Nie and Subbarao Kambhampati. ICDE 2004 (To appear).
Bibfinder/Statminer: Effectively mining and using Coverage and Overlap
Statistics in Data Integration
Zaiqing Nie, Subbarao Kambhampati and Thomas Hernandez.
Proc. VLDB 2003. Here is the
Integration On the Web (Guest Editor's Introduction).
Subbarao Kambhampati, Craig Knoblock
Intelligent Systems. October 2003. (Here
is the special issue.)
Frequency-based Coverage Statistics Mining for Data Integration.
Zaiqing Nie, Subbarao Kambhampati.
IJCAI Workshop on Information Integration on the Web. 2003.
Integration of Bioinfomratic Sources: Current Approaches and Systems
Thomas Hernandez and Subbarao Kambhampati, ASU CSE TR 03-005. July
Optimizing Recursive Information Gathering Plans in EMERAC.
S. Kambhampati, E. Lambrecht, U. Nambiar, Z. Nie and G. Senthil.
Journal of Intelligent Information Systems. Vol 22, No. 2. February 2004.(To appear).
Answering Imprecise Database Queries
Ullas Nambiar and Subbarao Kambhampati. ACM WIDM 2003 (Workshop on Web
Information and Data Management).
- S. Kambhampati, U. Nambiar, Z. Nie and S. Vaddi Havasu: A Multi-Objective, Adaptive Query Processing Framework for Web Data Integration ASU CSE TR-02-005.
Z.Nie, U. Nambiar, S. Lakshmi and S. Kambhampati. ASU CSE TR
Coverage Statistics for Websource
Selection in a Mediator
(A short version of this
paper appears in Proceedings of CIKM
- Z. Nie,S. Kambhampati,U. Nambiar and S. Vaddi
Mining Source Coverage Statistics for Data Integration. in Proceedings of the 3rd Intl. Workshop
on Web Information and Data Management (WIDM'01), Atlanta, Georgia, November 9, 2001.
- Z. Nie and S. Kambhampati Joint Optimization of Cost and Coverage of Information Gathering Plans. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), Atlanta, Georgia, November 2001.
- Z. Nie and S. Kambhampati Joint Optimization of Cost and
Coverage of Information Gathering Plans..
ASU CSE TR 01-002.
Planning for Information Gathering: A Tutorial Survey
E. Lambrecht and S. Kambhampati.
ASU CSE TR 97-017, May 1997.