Clarification re: I.2

More than one person seems to have been confused by the word "learning"  in I.2 below.
What I am asking is whether the information extracted by most IE (information extraction) methods are meant to be stored in RDF or OWL format.

 Semantic web has RDF and OWL standards for specifying structure. Information
extraction aims to extract structure rather than wait for it being manually specified. Are
current day IE approaches aimed at learning what is normally specified in RDF or in
OWL? Why?