Social networks lectures..

Folks:

 Because I decided to add lecture topics on Map-reduce and search advertising, I will have to skip one of the topics I normally cover. I reluctantly decided that it would be "Social Networks"--mostly because it is a self-contained 2-class topic for which video lectures from a previous offering are available (see below).

In addition to being quite engaging, this topic also comes bundled with a discussion on power laws and their importance.

I would encourage you to watch the video lectures. I will also give optional homework questions on the topic. If you choose to do them, you can get extra credit.

Rao

Social networks and their applications on the Web