[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
The class of 10/14 will be a proficiency profile exam in class
- To: Rao Kambhampati <email@example.com>
- Subject: The class of 10/14 will be a proficiency profile exam in class
- From: Subbarao Kambhampati <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 17:10:22 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=We225rMlb5SL9ysTFbjTYC7jHBDOY5WraM3EbuhNAY0=; b=gCox4i2qgg93qjol6ogZnZbGJL82R1/0NcTJtAmjhoWuLxCa7V4Cc4IMdKwOksWGOb OTm8dQyLuZpmlnLam9P7jPU7Oj7wJRd6Sn0KNRbkiSiueoCLhTFJM2hnlQecLF77gafO 4xlmzQ+rdaWR/ZFmmS7ZFQmf1EMZttX2gSSZU=
- Sender: email@example.com
During the whole period of the class of Oct 14th, you will have a proficiency profile examination
(the details are in the blurb below). Please note that if you miss the exam, they will require you to take it
during some make-up session (which may not be a feasible option since they apparently have to complete
all exams by Oct 15th).
(Note that while your participation is required, your performance on this exam *will not* affect your grade. as the
blurb below says, you will get the results for your own consumption, and they will also give you 10 sun dollars).
ETS Proficiency Profile
As part of ASU’s efforts to understand our contributions to student learning, this class
was selected to participate in the ETS Proficiency Profile this fall. This is a 40-minute
test that measures your proficiency in critical thinking, reading, writing and mathematics.
You will take this exam as a part of this course on Oct 14th. On the day of the exam,
you will bring your ASU Sun Card and a No.2 pencil. I, along with test proctors,
will administer the exam as part of our class period. It is expected that all students
complete the exam as part of this course on the identified date. If for any reason you
do not take the exam on the identified date, you will participate in a make-up session.
However, make-up sessions are very limited and students are expected to complete the
exam during our course’s scheduled time.
There are several benefits to taking this exam for you and for our college. First, you will
receive a score report with feedback on your performance in these important skill areas.
Second, you will receive a $10 incentive loaded onto your Sun Card in October/early
November. You will represent our college and help us understand our impact on your
learning. You will take this exam two more times during your undergraduate experience
at ASU-in the spring of your second year and the spring of your fourth year. You will be
able to see your growth during this time and will help ASU determine to what extent we
have taught students the skills they need to be successful after graduation.
We appreciate your participation and your efforts to represent our college in this