in praise of intellectual swagger..

Folks:

Just got done going through all your comments on the top-k ideas you appreciated. Thanks for the many thoughtful
comments.

I should probably sign-off on that chummy note and resist my curmudgeon-like urge to kvetch (especially on the eve of teaching evaluations ;-), but I can't.

Despite the semester-long attempts to foster skepticism, there still was a little too much  google-swooning in the reviews for my taste.  While I don't mean to legislate your predilections, I do want to suggest that it would be way much more fun to be path-breakers rather than be groupies.  For the  former you would need  more skepticism and a lot more intellectual swagger.
No one ever changed/improved  anything that they are smitten with.

cheers
Rao