Blog qn for Homework 4 (You should post your answer as a comment to this thread and also enclose it in your hw 4 submission)

Here is the "interactive review" question for homework 4 that I promised.

"List five nontrivial ideas you came to appreciate during the course of this semester"
(You cannot list generic statements like "I thought pagerank was kewl". Here is an example:

The deep connection between feature selection and dimensionality reduction: By
understanding LSI, LDA and MI based feature selection, I was able to see the deep
connections between dimensionality reduction (which works without taking any particular
classification task into account) and feature selection (which typically take the classification task
into account).
)