Re: NBC question

Probability of example--yes--that can be ignored. Just show k*what you got

Rao

ps:

[Notice that it is not all that hard to compute it too.

Suppose you are computing P(C|E)    and you write it as k*0.33
Now, suppose you also compute P(~C|E)  (where ~C means it is not in class C)-- this too will have P(E) in the denominator and so it too will have the same k factor. Suppose it is k*0.44

now, you know that P(C|E) + P(~C|E) will be 1.0.

So k*0.33+k*0.44 = 1
k = 1/0.77