From: Chitta Baral <chitta.baral@asu.edu>
Date: Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 9:57 PM
Subject: Faculty Seminar Series Presentation on October 24th 2008 (Friday) by Professor Arun Sen: ORG-ENG-CSE_Online_Com
To: "ORG-ENG-CSE_Online_Com"

(Students are most welcome to these Faculty seminar series presentations.)

Date: Oct 24th 2008
Time: 3:00 PM (cookies and coffee from 2:45 PM)
Place: BYAC 110 (Same place as in previous weeks)

Title : A hitchhiker's guide to Network Science

By: Prof. Arun Sen

Abstract:

Network Science is a newly emerging discipline that draws upon a variety of well established disciplines, such as, Graph theory, Game Theory, Probability Theory, Algorithms and Complexity Theory, Machine Learning and Data Mining. The techniques from Network Science can be applied to a variety of application domains, Computer Networks, Electric Power Grid Networks, Social Networks, Transportation Networks and Biological Networks, to just name a few. In this talk we will undertake a journey through the galaxy of networks and find out how basic tenets of Network Science rule all these different planets.