Re: Homework 3 solutions posted online

You are right.. I proved the soundness of ~B => ~A (and in fact said so in the solutions).
But that is not what I asked for :-(

I have now modifed the online solutions.

rao

On 10/21/07, Kyle Luce <kyle.luce@asu.edu> wrote:
Hi,

    I am confused by HW3 solution 1, part 2.

I got:
A => B  can be written as: ~A V B
~A => ~B can be written as: A V ~B

~A V B

A V ~B

0

0

1

1

0

1

1

0

1

0

0

1

1

1

1

1

Am I wrong in my conversion of the implication ~A => ~B  to A V ~B or is it obvious where I went wrong?  Also, is it true that for soundness, every time A => B is true, that ~A => ~B should also be true? I just want to double check even my basic understanding.