Pointer to Geoff Hinton lJCAI research excellence award lecture..

Folks

 On Wednesday's make-up class, I mentioned that Geoff Hinton is foremost among the people working on brain-inspired neural networks (there isn't that much work on neural nets in the ML community these days because you can get by with max-margin kernel classifiers instead of multi-layer neural nets. However, understanding the training of multi-layer and recurrent nets does offer the possibility of understanding how human brain works).

Anyways, I mentioned Hinton's research excellence award lecture at IJCAI last year. Here is a link to his slides (he calls this version the
"gentle/after-dinner version" of his talk.

http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~hinton/talks/gentle.ppt

(The other versions of the talk can be found at http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~hinton/talks.html )

enjoy..

Rao