request for feedback on the first two learning lectures..

Hi all

 I know that several of you are simultaneously taking either the grad
or undergraduate level data-mining courses. I was wondering, for those
of you, whether the learning lectures were useful at all or are they
too much of the same thing that you have learned. If you have any
comments let me know--either directly or  via the anonymous email
http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/cgi-bin/mail?rao

(Feedback is also welcome from others who are learning about learning
for the first time. I was struck by the unusually stoic demeanors of
the students in the class and was wondering whether the cause was
enlightenment or boredom).

thanks
Rao
[Nov 21, 2006]