Matt Martindale's qns re: project 3

The answer to the first question is Yes. (if both are false, then core-meltdown is false).

The answer to the second is also yes--you should make all causations perfect and exhaustive

rao

matthew.martindale said...

In part 1 of the project, Bart says that either the presence of low-quality heavy water OR inferior-plutonium will cause a core meltdown. Does that mean that we expect a core-meltdown NOT to happen if both IP and LQHW are false? Similarly, can we guarantee that the presence of both LQHW and IP will lead to a core meltdown with 100% certainty

10/24/2006 12:04 AM

matthew.martindale said...

Also, on part II, Number 1, are we supposed to apply the "perfect and exhaustive" causations to the glow-in-the-dark-employee and slurpee-liquification nodes? (ie. CM causes SL = 1.0, CM causes GIDE = 1.0)??

Thanks again-