Cumulatives--(tentative)--FYI

Folks:
 Here are the cumulatives for the semester, the blue are undergrads and the yellow are grads.
The second line show the default weight given to homeworks (35), projects (40), exam (20) and participation (5).

Homeworks had differential weights--specifically the last homework had twice the weight of the other homeworks, plus the
"paper summary" question was evaluated separately at 5%.

Projects had differential weights: 8 for project 1, 12 for project 2, 14 for project 3, and 6 for demo.

Participation was evaluated at 5%.

The red total below gives the default total marks for each student based on this schema.

I also computed three other "guidance" cumulatives giving higher weight to homeworks/exams (70% instead of 55%);
higher weight to projects (50% instead of 40) and also ignoring participation credit (i.e., scale the rest by 100/95). The last
column is the maximum of the four different cumulatives.

******I stress that the red total is the only binding total. The others are secondary guidances.******

If you have specific questions/comments, please email them to me today (Friday).

regards
Rao

ps: I haven't computed the extra credit points--I will first decide the grade cutoffs and then look at the extra credit impact--
as I said I would.

Emacs!