regarding Amitabh Bachchan's Bacon number

So, Kentaro Toyama looked at the slides I used in the class, as well
as my speculation as to why the 4-path was chosen instead of the
3-path (given Bachchan's Baker number of 3), and had this to say
(excerpt from a longer mail):

-----------
-- As for Amitabh and Kevin, I didn't use the 3-path because Arnie
Alpert has (amazingly) no photo on the web that is easily findable.  It
was actually harder to find the 4-path with all famous people.

 As he points out not all paths are created equal and to the extent the
Oracle of Bacon insists on giving only the shortest paths, you have to
do a fair bit of small-world-navigation yourself to find other types
of paths.

rao
[Dec  5, 2005]