re: CSE 494: Part C, Task 5 Question

You are right. I modified the project writeup so that this analysis is now coupled with
bisecting k-means rather than task 5.

Rao

================== Jianchun,

Task 5 states the following about the write-up:

"Which algorithm provides "better" clusters, K-means or Bisecting
K-means.  (Hint: Use cluster quality measures defined in class
slides)."

Implementing Bisecting K-means is part of the extra credit
section, which leads me to ask:  Is the above a mistake in the
assignment or are we supposed to answer the question theoretically,
based on the slides/lectures?

Thanks,

Nicholas