Grade anxiety amelioration program

Some people expressed concerns about how they are doing in the course in terms of eventual letter grades.

I plan to send you folks the current class standings soon--and that should give you some idea of how you
stand relative to others in the class. There is still the question of what numbers lead to what grades.

I have no pre-decided cutoffs for grades--I normally look at the cumulatives, and then call up Pat Robertson to ask for
divine guidance (since he seems to speak to HIM/HER quite regularly on all matters).

Here is the final cumulatives and grade distribution from the last time this course was offered. Notice that the first 13 are undergrads, and the last 9 are grads. May be this will give you some guidance.. (No implicit or explicit guarantees of any kind are being made here, you understand..).

hope this helps. Feel free to express your additional worries either directly, or via anonymous mail

http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/cgi-bin/mail?rao

I would rather you get it all out and enjoy the rest of the semester than me seeing a whole bunch of extra-long-faces.

Rao

Emacs!