Current Cumulatives (with MANY caveats)

Folks
  Here is the current cumulative gradesheet. To give you a feel for your relative standing, I went ahead and put together a cumulative grade (out of 76 points) for each of you.
***Note that this is a tentative cumulative. I am going to have to make room for participation grade (~10-15%);  Semester project grade (~20-25%) and final homework grade (~10%) (and I will just scale the current cumulative down as needed).

The cumulatives are computed currently as follows:
Project 1 and 2 have 15 points each; Project 0 has 1 point
3 homeworks have 10 points each; the kanna rajan writeup has 1 point
Midterm has 14 points (so it is like 1.5 times a homework). [I am not sure whether this is reasonable...]

The letter grades for projects were converted using the A is 4 B is 3 system (with + being a .33 extra; which explains why
some people got more than 31 points for the projects.

If you think these weigtages are not reasonable, you can feel free to suggest different weightages to me (and I will consider them).
You can suggest changes either directly, or via anonymous feedback rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/cgi-bin/mail?rao
(thanks to excel, I am happy to do disjunctive grading--ie. play with the relative weights of the subgroups and pick the one that gives you
the best grade--this way people who did well in any of the subgroups can make up for the other subgroups)

Regarding the participation grade, I plan to give you all a "self-assessment" form in the week after thanksgiving--where you will be
asked to provide statistics such as the number of classes you missed, the number of classes you came in late (late is anything after 10min),
number of times you asked questions in the class etc. I will take this data into account in giving a participation grade.

Please note that I plan to give the +/- grades in this class. That is A+,A,A-,B+,B,B-,C+ etc.

**Please check to make sure that your grades are correctly recorded. (Notice that the changes to homework 3 will be entered as they are
made)

rao

ps: if you can't see the grade sheet, look at the mail archive

1be21221.jpg