[no subject]

Sorry for the confusion. The stuff on cost-propagation that I
discussed in today's class is not there in the textbook anywhere. It
was sort of done impromptu--and thus I didn't assign readings.
The rest of the stuff on Converting planning graph to SAT and CSP are
in the SAT/CSP chapters of the book.

Wednesday's class will basically be drawn from the SAT chapter of the
book.

(You can get a short description of the cost propagation stuff by
reading the cost-propagation subsections--in page 3 an 4 of the
following paper.

http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/psp-aaai04.pdf

although the rest of the paper is not so shabby either--it talks about
a variation of planning problem where actions have costs and goals
have utilities and we want the plan with the best net benefit)

Rao

>   Professor,
>
>   would it be possible somehow to let us know
> what the reading should be for the next class.  A
> lot of times I find myself reading the papers and
> chapters that we don't cover in the next class,
> and on the opposite, not reading the stuff we
--More--