Readings for the next week/class

Folks:

 The main topic for next week is going to be reachability  heuristics for
conjunctive planners.

 The readings for this are:
  Sections 6.1 and 6.2
  and Section 9.2 and 9.3

 If you have Russell & Norvig's AI book (2nd edition), then you might
also read section 11.4 in that book. (a pdf version of chapter 11 is
available from http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/newchap11.pdf )

My general plan of action is to

1. Describe planning graph structures as a way of doing reachability
   analysis

2. Describe how a variety of heuristic guidance measures can be
   extracted from it.

Once we are done with heuristics, we will discuss "Disjunctive
planning techniques".

The readings for this are sections 6.3, 6.4, as well as chapters 7 and
8.

rao

ps: Feel free to use http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/cgi-bin/mail?rao
    to let me know if we are going too fast, too slow etc.
    (this will be anonymous modulo your ip number)