FW: [Fwd: FW: Interesting fact]

Maybe you've seen this email - certainly an interesting insight into the way
a human brain can make sense of nonsense... I'm not sure if the (second)
author's claim about implications to AI are scientifically based or simply
opinion...

Andy

Andrew B. Call (in yer CSE 471 class this semester)
StoreVision Teller Development

> To all,
Thought you might enjoy this little mind demonstration.  Actually, the
reason we can read this is only partially because of the first and last
letter.  The real reason is the ability of the mind to form semantic nets
that can put together the meaning of the sentences while doing best pattern
recognition of words containing the letters.  The person who figures how to
do this with a computer will have moved Artificial Intelligence to a level
where it can truly be autonomous.
Steve

> > Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the
frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses
and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed
ervey lteter.