Re: festivus for the rest of us (or what/why you ate today) and papers

Happy Deepavali !
According to what Dr Rao described, this festival is somewhat similar to Trung
Thu (mid Autumn) festival in Vietnam. This festival is on August 15th (lunar
calendar) which is around mid September in Gregory's calendar. Trung thu
basically is for children. On that day which is full moon too, they eat two
kinds of cake ( I don't know how to translate the names into English),
prematured rice ("Co^'m") and grapefruit as well as some other fruits.
Thanks for your cakes today :)

About the paper links:
I found two relevant papers that we may like to take a look about NBC.
1. Learning to Map between Ontologies on the semantic Web (A Doan et al)
at http://www-faculty.cs.uiuc.edu/~anhai/papers/www02.pdf

In this paper, the content learner is essentially  BNC. The authors noticed
that this
learner works well on long textual elements but less effective with short,
numeric elements (where as in te Domingos and Pazzani paper, they use Gaussian
distribution to deal with numeric attribute and stil got reasonable result).

2. Reconciling Schemas of Disparate Data Sources: A machine learning Approach
(A doan et al) at
http://www-faculty.cs.uiuc.edu/~anhai/papers/sigmod01.ps

In this paper they dicuss XML learner, which extents the content learner for
hierachical
text data (structured text).

These two papers actually can be seen as two versions of a complex work that
employs NBC and ML techniques in Data Integration.

Regards

Viet Hung

PS: The Muse is my favourite too.