Epilogue..

Hi Folks:

  I got back your CEAS evaluations of the course, and thought you
might be interested in a summary of what your sojourners thought.

 The course had a overall evaluation of 4.7 (74% rated the course
excellent and 26% very good).  Other interesting tidbits are that
apparently only 26% of the people spent on an average of 16 hours per
week on the course. 43% spent 8 hours and 26% spent 4 hours per week
on the course.  Clearly more people were sneaking in some life than I
suspected.  The course was required in the POS for 35% and was
external fro 65%.  The maximum score for "instructor" was on
"exhibited enthusiasm and interest" (5/5) and lowest was on "returning
graded materials in reasonable time" (4.09/5). The maximum score for
"course" was on "value of projects in support of course topics"
(4.65/5) and the minimum was on "definition and application of
criteria for grading (4.09/5).

 Thanks especially for those who took the time to give written
comments (undeterred by the mounting advances in graphology ;-).

 May be I will see some of you in CSE 494 in fall (M,W 12:15-1:30pm,
BA 341. Check out http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/cse494 for
information). I hear it is an extremely easy course.

Rao
[Feb 16, 2002]