One final mail about cumulatives (with the extra credit mark calculation)

We now got the story about extra credit points straightened out.

The total number extra credit points for all four projects were 145 (50+45+30+20). Now, if we
take into account the fact that project 4 was 6% as against the other three which are 10% each, we get the extra
points to be 137. We scaled the total points you could get by doing all the extra credit to be worth doing one additional 10% project.
That is, if you got 137 out of 137 points, you get 10 extra marks.

To be punctilious, we also took into account the 7 extra credit points you could get on Hw4--if you got all 7, it would have been worth .56points
on the final cumulative. (So a total of 10.56 points were up for grabs as extra credit).

Here are the extra credit points for everyone. As before, grade thresholds are set using just the normal totals. if your total + extra credit is above a grade threshold, then you get that grade. I had indicated the thresholds in a previous mail. Official grades can be found from the registrar next week.

With this, you have all, and I mean *ALL*, your marks.

It has been very nice teaching you (although it is hard to remember that from the depths of grading and excel-spread-sheeting).

Thanks for all those who took time to  send comments and feedback on the TA and/or course. You can be rest assured that they have been read and noted, and will undoubtedly affect our future teaching/offering of this course if only intangibly.

Happy holidays! Here is hoping that you won't glare at me too strongly if our paths were to cross in the future.

Rao
---------
What makes us men is that we can think logically. What makes us human
is that we sometimes choose not to.

  -Roger Ebert (in a review of Searching for Bobby Fischer)

***471***471
1000437563 85.260.91
1000446639 81.420.00
1000145919 79.652.29