From: Brad <bjb@asu.edu>
Subject: CSE471 HW4 q1.3
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:32:38 -0700 (MST)

bjb> Are we supposed to draw mutex links to are planning graph?  I am a little
bjb> confused because it does not say to do that in the problem description and
bjb> this statement:
bjb> >* In question 3 (making the planning graph), can action O4 be added in the A1
bjb> >stage, where its preconditions (R & S) are mutex?  In general, can an action
bjb> >be added to the planning graph in a stage where any/all of its preconditions
bjb> >are mutex?
bjb>
bjb> rao>There is no point in adding such actions...
bjb>
bjb> seems to contradict the instructions for creating a planning graph on slide 10
bjb> of the planning lecture notes.  Now I am confused because even if I remove Op4
bjb> from the second action level I still get two consecutive identical
bjb> proposition lists and the planning graph levels off, so what is the
bjb> differance?
bjb>
bjb> Bradford J. Bensen
bjb> Computer Science - Undergraduate
bjb> ASU - Engineering & Applied Sciences
bjb> bjb@asu.edu
bjb>